All City Bank locations will be closed on Monday, May 29th, in observance of Memorial Day. Please utilize digital banking platforms for your banking needs or connect with us using Penny, our virtual banking assistant. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 30th.
CDS AND IRAS
CDS AND IRAS
Flexible CD terms and competitive rates.
A CD is a time deposit account that offers a safe harbor for your money and generally returns more than a regular savings account. In exchange for your investment over a certain period of time, City Bank will pay you a set rate of interest. At the end of this time period, known as maturity, you may choose to withdraw the money, along with the interest it earned, or let your CD renew for another term at the market rate. You also receive the added security of Federal Deposit Insurance coverage.
Features and Benefits
- Return on your investment
- $1,000 minimum deposit required
- Various terms available, from 30 days to 60 months
- Earn higher returns by locking in funds
- No unpredictable markets or difficult investment choices
- Renew your CD at the market rate at time of renewal
- Penalties apply for early withdrawal1
Traditional and Roth IRA's
City Bank offers traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs as part of comprehensive retirement plans. At City Bank, you will work with dedicated and knowledgeable employees to secure your financial future and provide the individualized financial solutions you need, including IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts). Your financial goals are our financial goals.
- Contributions to traditional IRAs are tax deductible.
- Yearly contributions of earned income can be up to $6,500, and contributions do not have to be made in a lump sum. Contribution amounts also vary for people over age 50.
- An IRA will provide additional income upon retirement.
- Earnings will remain tax deferred until Required Minimum Distribution takes effect.
For more information about CDs, IRAs, and retirement planning, call 800-OUR-BANK today or stop by your local City Bank branch.
1All fees subject to sales tax in New Mexico.